Talk

Advanced search

Looking for nurseries in cardiff which have a webcam access for parents before going back to work

(11 Posts)
LindaCardiff Sun 11-Sep-11 15:59:09

Hello,

Please could you inform me on the different nurseries which have a webcam access for parents?

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Linda

pommedechocolat Sun 11-Sep-11 16:02:45

I've never heard of this before - do many nurseries have this?

edam Sun 11-Sep-11 16:07:20

I've never come across this, and don't think it's the answer to worries about your child's safety. Anyone evil enough to abuse children would be evil enough to find a way to do it out of sight, I'm afraid. Car thieves can do it in car parks, I'm sure child abusers would be able to.

annh Mon 12-Sep-11 12:04:59

Presumably you have other criteria for choosing a nursery other than just web cam access? I think other things should be considered above and beyond this and if you happen to find a caring, well-run nursery which had a web cam, all the better. For what it's worth, I would NOT want my child in a nursery where his movements could potentially be scrutinised by other parents, carers and whomever they had given the password to. I also think nurseries with cameras are still unusual in this country.

meditrina Mon 12-Sep-11 12:09:31

If you would not be happy with a nursery which did not have a webcam, then I do not think a nursery setting is going to be right for you. Part of sending your child to a nursery is the acceptance that the staff there are going to be the ones looking after your DC. If you don't trust them to do that, then it's just not the right arrangement for you.

ToffeePenny Mon 12-Sep-11 12:30:09

I've only heard of one in Cardiff with a webcam www.sandringhamnursery.com/. I agree with Meditrina though, if you're unable to trust the staff without a webcam then this will never be a solution for you as there are always areas that will not be covered and where staff will be alone with your child (changing area springs to mind).

Or get get something like this www.coolest-gadgets.com/20090518/button-spy-camera/

<joking>

ladykay Mon 12-Sep-11 14:25:26

I expect I'm a bit slow but I thought from the question, and other references I've heard about this set-up, that it was about being able to watch your LO while you were away from them - because it's nice to, not because you think they'll be assaulted if you don't. Like being there but not. But I've probably missed the point.

meditrina Mon 12-Sep-11 22:17:21

OP: I've just popped back to apologise because my earlier post commented on your question, rather than being in any way an answer to it.

Posting this will also bump this thread, and perhaps someone who can answer what you actually asked will spot it in active.

bonkers20 Mon 12-Sep-11 22:21:04

I don't think I'd get any work done at all if I knew I could watch DS instead!

LindaCardiff Thu 15-Sep-11 14:21:10

To be more specific it`s because my partner is travelling extensively for his work and would like to be able to see our child as much as possible when he is away.

Thank you for mentioning me sandringhamnursery. I will visit it asap.

Linda

LindaCardiff Thu 15-Sep-11 14:22:34

For your info nurseries with webcam access in the UK are more and more popular.

Linda

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now