Advanced search

anyone a child therapist?

(2 Posts)
tostaky Thu 18-Aug-11 21:32:00

im desesperatly trying to find a family friendly jb and my aunt ( who is a teacher) suggested to train as a child therapist, to work with the schools.

i would greatly appreciate if someone could give me the low-down on this.

many thanks

BranchingOut Mon 22-Aug-11 22:15:03

There are different types of therapy used with children. Play therapy, drama therapy, arts therapy, music therapy and probably more. However, most of those require a first degree and professional experience in the main discipline, then postgraduate training on top. Also, the employment prospects can be quite niche: I have worked in, visited and been associated with many schools and have only come across two schools that employed a play therapist.

On the other hand, there is also child psychotherapy, which would require a specific psychotherapy training.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: