Talk

Advanced search

Quit previous job, how to find job that pays well

(3 Posts)
Jenn1982 Wed 17-Aug-11 11:23:38

I quit my job after my maternity leave, and am going to be looking for a job in a few months. My dd is 14 months right now. I'm planning on starting to look for walk when she's 18months.
My problem is finding a job that pays enough to cover childcare costs. I have no qualifications really, but experience managing in retail and also in hospitality.
Does anyone have any idea where I should start?

Grevling Wed 17-Aug-11 11:29:36

How much do you need to cover childcare + make it worthwhile?

Jenn1982 Wed 17-Aug-11 11:39:51

My previous job was £10 ph. I don't think now we have the wee one I can drop too much below this. I am good at managing though, so worth the money I think. And I'm also good with customers, so maybe something customer based, although I very much doubt I'll be able to find anything in that area without management for the money I want. I have good references also.
I have no family that will be able to help monday to friday as they are all working also. So for every hour I work, plus travel time, I will need to pay for childcare at a cost of at least £5 ph, most likely more. I'm not keen on working weekends too much, although it depends.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now