Talk

Advanced search

ebay shop - count towards 16 hrs work

(10 Posts)
vvvvfedup Mon 08-Aug-11 16:26:05

I run an ebay shop which i probably spend about 7-10 hrs a week on. I'm thinking of getting a small partime job, maybe another 10 hours. Would the work i do on my ebay shop count toward the 16hrs + needed to get workig tax credits, etc

Quodlibet Mon 08-Aug-11 16:32:37

Presume you declare the profits you make on your shop for tax purposes as self-employed income?

vvvvfedup Mon 08-Aug-11 16:37:57

That wasn't the question I asked. But yes i am am registered, no profits as yet though

TheOriginalNutcracker Mon 08-Aug-11 16:40:29

So long as you declare it then yes.

Can i ask what you sell on there ??

LadyLapsang Mon 08-Aug-11 23:33:35

If you are registered as self-employed (the ebay shop) I'm assuming you are not claiming workless benefits (JSA etc.)

vvvvfedup Tue 09-Aug-11 11:17:28

No I'm not!!

ladykay Tue 09-Aug-11 11:49:29

Chortle! Are you wondering if you've accidentally come on the HMRC website!! Good luck!

CallMeBubblesEverybodyDoes Wed 10-Aug-11 17:30:46

As usual for MN, lots of judgmental posts that completely miss the question the OP has asked. I posted once about my husband and I going to a barbecue and arguing in the car home and got grilled (pardon the pun) about who drove home and if we'd been drinking.

OP, yes they would definitely would count towards the 16 hours.

vvvvfedup Wed 10-Aug-11 23:42:25

Thanks bubbles smile

and yes ladykay - dd feel like that sad

HappyMummyOfOne Thu 11-Aug-11 18:30:36

You can count self employed hours but they are checking the claims thoroughly and random audits etc so you need to show exactly what you do on those hours and seen to be making at least min wage per hour. If your online shop justifies 7-10 hours on it then it will be fine, most ebay busineses dont though unless they run into hundreds of despatches a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now