Talk

Advanced search

Hi, anyone know any companies who will offer term time hours for mums?

(7 Posts)
jenni75 Thu 04-Aug-11 18:52:53

Hi, looking for a job at the moment and wondered if anyone knew of any companies who offer term time jobs for mums.
I know the obvious one is the schools, and I have applied for a position in one (waiting to see the outcome), with 3 dc under 10 am trying desperately to find something term time.
Thanks in advance
jen

26minutes Thu 04-Aug-11 19:03:57

If only those companies existed! Schools as you say. Local authorities & job centres used to, but of course they're laying people off rather than taking people on.

LIZS Thu 04-Aug-11 19:05:47

Try colleges, universities and any other education related fields (Surestart, charities providing courses for parents etc)

Sleepwhenidie Thu 04-Aug-11 19:06:58

I have a friend who works for kpmg, she works the equivalent of 3 days per week but actually does 4/5 per week in term time so that she has all of school holidays off. She has worked for them since long before havings DC's though, not sure they would be as flexible with a new employee....

LIZS Thu 04-Aug-11 19:24:54

Friend works for an airline on the ground and works her shifts around so that she works less in holidays and more in termtime, others (non-parents) happy cos they can take more time off when schools are back.

Memoo Thu 04-Aug-11 19:26:10

The book people offer term time hours, have several friends who work for them.

MrsJamin Fri 05-Aug-11 21:06:54

Consider any companies who sell to schools, be it books, furniture, IT equipment, they can't sell to schools in the holidays so you may well be able to find termtime jobs there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now