Advanced search

Is there a website that can tell me what's the UK equivalent for my Swiss qualifications?

(5 Posts)
gorionine Mon 01-Aug-11 07:13:36

Have tried to google key words like Equivalent uk qualifications... but am going nowhere.

Thanks very much if you can help.

KingofHighVis Mon 01-Aug-11 07:28:55


I think they will give you a certificate confirming the equivelence of the qualification. You might have to pay but it looks like they offer a free trial.

gorionine Mon 01-Aug-11 08:03:02

Thanks KingofHighVIs I have had a look and cannot get to the free trial. THey charge £46 which I do not want to pay [greedy emoticon]grin as I do not need a certificate stating it I just need to make sure that what I have done previously back home is at least equivalent to GCSEs.

Grevling Mon 01-Aug-11 08:24:12

You need to look at the ISCED rating. These are published by UNESCO (the UN).

GCSEs are Level 3. Just google for swiss ISCED levels and then uk levels and compare.

Swiss levels are here:

gorionine Mon 01-Aug-11 08:34:55

Thanks Greveling! your first site answered my question!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: