Talk

Advanced search

Gutted

(5 Posts)
steben Tue 26-Jul-11 14:01:06

Just found out I didnt get an interview for the ONLY decent part time job I have found in the months I have been looking. Sat here in tears - i put so much work into the application. Bit of background I am being made redundant from amazing family friendly flexible job in two months and have looked and applied for a few things but this was the only real job that was in anyway suitable and that I genuinely wanted. Anyone else in same boat and can sympathise? Pathetic post I know I am just so disappointed....

I am also considering applying for a few full time and then at interview (if I am even lucky enough to get to that stage) if it seems to be going well say that I want to work 3 days and try and sell myself. Has anyone ever done this successfully? Clutching at straws here I know...

FloraFlower Tue 26-Jul-11 20:19:02

You didn't get it because it wasn't the right job for you. Pick yourself up, dust off yourself off and carry on. You just need to keep plugging away. The right thing will come up and it may be sooner than you think. You still have two months at your current.

If I was interviewing someone for a full time job and they said they wanted to work three days a week I would be pretty pissed off. If they are advertising a full time job they want someone full time! The only way you could get around this would be to temp/contract then if they want you to go permanent you are in a stronger position to negotiate.

MovingAndScared Tue 26-Jul-11 21:54:56

I do sympthise I had an interview for what I would call my dream job and I mucked it up - and I have not had interviews for loads of applications - it really competative at the moment - not a reflection on you at all
all the work in the application will pay off for another application - they get way quicker believe me
and re part time /full time - there is a thread about it just below - but my personal view is it depends - some employers will go for it, some would be annoyed -

steben Wed 27-Jul-11 12:43:28

Thanks for replies. and consider myself picked up and dusted off smile

Yes you are right FloraFlower - it is what I thought but was just having a desperate day!

FloraFlower Wed 27-Jul-11 22:05:30

You'll be just fine.

After all, you didn't get that job because there is something bigger and better out there for you! smile

Good luck with your search.

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now