Talk

Advanced search

Teaching Assistants - what age group do you prefer?

(4 Posts)
lavand Fri 22-Jul-11 20:08:51

Hi
Just out of interest I was wondering what age group people most prefer to work with. I have done nursery, reception, year 1, year 2 and secondary pupil inclusion. Pupil inclusion was not for me but I did enjoy year 1 and 2. However I think I might like to try the others up to year 6. What are others experiences? Thanks

HarrietJones Fri 22-Jul-11 20:45:14

I'm not a TA now but I liked nursery and 6th form! Mainly worked with nursery & teens. I have worked right through but I find junior age the most difficult!

lavand Fri 22-Jul-11 22:23:04

Harriet, that's interesting I thought I might like to work with teens but the pupil inclusion put me off a bit. Maybe I should try non PIU's.

Hulababy Fri 22-Jul-11 22:26:26

I was a secondary school teacher but now work as a TA in Y1, and I love it! I wouldn't want to go down to Fundation/Reception - they are just too little for me. I think Y2 would be fine, although the SATs thing would be tiresome. I love the Y1 freedom you have though, and the children go through such a massive transition in this year imo too. I work in an infant school so not sure about juniors, but think Y3/4 might be ok, although I do like the little ones!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: