Talk

Advanced search

Teaching Assistants - what age group do you prefer?

(4 Posts)
lavand Fri 22-Jul-11 20:08:51

Hi
Just out of interest I was wondering what age group people most prefer to work with. I have done nursery, reception, year 1, year 2 and secondary pupil inclusion. Pupil inclusion was not for me but I did enjoy year 1 and 2. However I think I might like to try the others up to year 6. What are others experiences? Thanks

HarrietJones Fri 22-Jul-11 20:45:14

I'm not a TA now but I liked nursery and 6th form! Mainly worked with nursery & teens. I have worked right through but I find junior age the most difficult!

lavand Fri 22-Jul-11 22:23:04

Harriet, that's interesting I thought I might like to work with teens but the pupil inclusion put me off a bit. Maybe I should try non PIU's.

Hulababy Fri 22-Jul-11 22:26:26

I was a secondary school teacher but now work as a TA in Y1, and I love it! I wouldn't want to go down to Fundation/Reception - they are just too little for me. I think Y2 would be fine, although the SATs thing would be tiresome. I love the Y1 freedom you have though, and the children go through such a massive transition in this year imo too. I work in an infant school so not sure about juniors, but think Y3/4 might be ok, although I do like the little ones!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now