Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do I put self employment in employer's history on application form?

(4 Posts)
Bear1984 Mon 18-Jul-11 17:47:13

Hi, just a quick question. I know I should put it down as I've been self employed for a year now, and it helps my application for this role as it has relevant experience, but the only problem is, that in the employer's history, for the current/last employer, it asks for my starting salary and latest/leaving salary. I don't really have one, as it varies so much, and I don't have a per hour wage really either because of the line of work I'm in. DP thinks I shouldn't mention it and just go with my last actual employer as I'm not employed, I'm self-employed, but I think it will look silly if I've mentioned I run a business but then have no evidence to show it. Any suggestions of what I should do? It's just the salary bit really that has stumped me, as I've not really made a lot of money in my first year as I've only just started out and I was finishing a degree at the same time. Thanks for any advice!

supadupapupascupa Mon 18-Jul-11 17:49:56

you are employed so definitely mention it. if you can't answer the question specifics then don't put 'variable'.

it is only meant as a guide to your experience for the person interviewing you, and they will ask for more details if it is relevant anyway.

Bear1984 Mon 18-Jul-11 18:18:50

Thank you! Will do.

supadupapupascupa Mon 18-Jul-11 18:29:58

should have said .....don't, put 'variable' instead

sorry, reads badly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now