Talk

Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

Food technology jobs

(3 Posts)
JustMyType Tue 12-Jul-11 10:13:45

Does anyone have any knowledge about non-graduate roles in food production/technology? I am interested in this area, but have no background, other than working PT on a sensory panel (a while ago). My degree is completely non-relevant and I would need to spend the equivalent of 4 years FT to re-train, I can't see that happening financially. Presumably there must be some jobs that aren't graduate, or are they only for factory operatives? We have a large employer semi-local and they NEVER advertise.

JustMyType Tue 12-Jul-11 13:55:32

Sorry, didn't intend to sound as if I was demeaning factory operatives, apologies if it came across that way.

MovingAndScared Tue 12-Jul-11 14:43:33

I think this would be one where it would be worth seeing if you could have a chat with the local employer - ie asking for advice not for a job - if you could get in through a contact -however what I know about production is that most posts are either graduate - or graduate level or operatives

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: