Talk

Advanced search

Food technology jobs

(3 Posts)
JustMyType Tue 12-Jul-11 10:13:45

Does anyone have any knowledge about non-graduate roles in food production/technology? I am interested in this area, but have no background, other than working PT on a sensory panel (a while ago). My degree is completely non-relevant and I would need to spend the equivalent of 4 years FT to re-train, I can't see that happening financially. Presumably there must be some jobs that aren't graduate, or are they only for factory operatives? We have a large employer semi-local and they NEVER advertise.

JustMyType Tue 12-Jul-11 13:55:32

Sorry, didn't intend to sound as if I was demeaning factory operatives, apologies if it came across that way.

MovingAndScared Tue 12-Jul-11 14:43:33

I think this would be one where it would be worth seeing if you could have a chat with the local employer - ie asking for advice not for a job - if you could get in through a contact -however what I know about production is that most posts are either graduate - or graduate level or operatives

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now