Talk

Advanced search

Going back to work - nervous!

(2 Posts)
LauLauLemon Fri 08-Jul-11 07:12:42

I've been studying, freelancing and on benefits for many reasons since DD1 was born in 2008. I've had a few part-time jobs before that and one full time job but I had DD1 when I was 19.

Money is increasingly tight and we can no longer afford to be on hand outs. I'm fingers crossed hopefully employed but I won't know for sure until the weekend. It's a full time bar job for £5.93 an hour but it's a job and I'm not turning it down.

The problem is, I've never been away from DD1 (3) and DD2 (7 months). DH has been made redundant recently so will be a SAHD until he can find a new job and although I know they will be well looked after, how do I deal with missing them while working? Not to mention the nerves of personally going back after such a long break in employment.

I might be jumping the gun as I'm not actually employed yet but if I do get the call this weekend I'll be starting Sunday for training and induction so I don't have time to not think.

Any advice/tips or personal experience?

LaCiccolina Fri 08-Jul-11 19:59:37

Looking at my 7mth old this week when I left her for 2hrs for the first time after having spent most of the night before panicking about what she would be like to do a first aid course, she looked rather annoyed when I came back and spoiled her fun.

Its going to probably be harder for you than either of them. I wish you lots of love and luck and hope it all works out for you. Big hugs x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now