Talk

Advanced search

positive stories of your ebf babies going to nursery!

(3 Posts)
sophielouise Fri 24-Jun-11 19:47:06

as the title suggests I'm worried about starting p.t work in Sep when DD is 6 months old. atm she is totally breast dependent- won't take bottles... I assme that by then we might have started weaning but this is another concern- is it ok to let the nursery get on with it?? positive stories only please!

LadyLapsang Sat 25-Jun-11 14:59:07

Went back when DS was 8 months, was taking food but no bottles. Nursery were very good but it was difficult, he took expressed milk from a spoon! Eventually went onto a feeder cup (Avent). Used to breastfeed at lot in the evening / at night.

LCarbury Sun 26-Jun-11 21:13:43

She will move her feeds and she might not drink much liquid during the day, but she'll be OK, as she'll get nutrition from other food as well. When my DS first went to nursery he ate a lot of yoghurt and that saw him through the day. Unfortunately you may be looking at a few weeks of getting up a lot at night when you start work, but as you're part-time, hopefully it won't be too bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now