Talk

Advanced search

Childminder and sleep cues - worrying over nothing?

(4 Posts)
SharkSkinThing Wed 22-Jun-11 13:27:45

This is going to seem like a ludicrous question in a few weeks time, I'm sure, but it's concerning me, so I want to get it sorted whilst I can. So, help!

DS will be going to a childminder at the end of July when he turns one, and I go back to work.

When he goes down for his afternoon nap, we have a little cuddle, a few sips of milk from his cup, and then I switch on his lullaby thingy for five minutes, and bingo, he's out like a light.

But - should I wean him off this? So that when he goes to her he just has the bare minimum? He never has it at night (or at any other time). Or should I get one for the childminder?!

Feel free to (verbally) kick me up the arse for being so PFB...

Wigeon Wed 22-Jun-11 13:30:22

Why don't you ask the childminder? She might say that in her experience what works best is keeping a child's routine exactly the same, or she might say that because it's someone different putting him to bed, in a different house, it doesn't matter if the routine is different.

SharkSkinThing Wed 22-Jun-11 18:22:44

Thanks, Wigeon, that did close my mind! I'll ask her and see what she thinks.

Can't believe I'm worrying about this, it's a bit daft, really...

SharkSkinThing Wed 22-Jun-11 18:22:54

CROSS my mind, CROSS!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now