Advanced search

Grasp the next rung of the career ladder

Find jobs that fit your skills and your home life with Mumsnet jobs

See all jobs »

Childminder and sleep cues - worrying over nothing?

(4 Posts)
SharkSkinThing Wed 22-Jun-11 13:27:45

This is going to seem like a ludicrous question in a few weeks time, I'm sure, but it's concerning me, so I want to get it sorted whilst I can. So, help!

DS will be going to a childminder at the end of July when he turns one, and I go back to work.

When he goes down for his afternoon nap, we have a little cuddle, a few sips of milk from his cup, and then I switch on his lullaby thingy for five minutes, and bingo, he's out like a light.

But - should I wean him off this? So that when he goes to her he just has the bare minimum? He never has it at night (or at any other time). Or should I get one for the childminder?!

Feel free to (verbally) kick me up the arse for being so PFB...

Wigeon Wed 22-Jun-11 13:30:22

Why don't you ask the childminder? She might say that in her experience what works best is keeping a child's routine exactly the same, or she might say that because it's someone different putting him to bed, in a different house, it doesn't matter if the routine is different.

SharkSkinThing Wed 22-Jun-11 18:22:44

Thanks, Wigeon, that did close my mind! I'll ask her and see what she thinks.

Can't believe I'm worrying about this, it's a bit daft, really...

SharkSkinThing Wed 22-Jun-11 18:22:54

CROSS my mind, CROSS!

mumsnet jobs

Jobs you might like

View all jobs »

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now