Talk

Advanced search

My year's almost up - suddenly feeling very nervous

(5 Posts)
Twowillbefine Tue 14-Jun-11 21:36:30

Hey - I haven't been on this section before but I got a "returning to work" email from HR today and it's brought the reality home to me. I'm due back at work early August. In my absence the department (I am public sector) has undergone massive restructuring with everyone having to apply for posts. The good news has been I have totally missed this and will be slotted back in somewhere, but the bad news is it could be anywhere.

Suddenly worried about being badly placed, feeling completely incompetent and very apprehensive about starting again with a new team, new boss etc. Before mat leave was on loan to another department as well so have no recent capital to build on.

Please come and reassure me it will all be fine. [Wishing there was an apprehensive face...]

scotlass Tue 14-Jun-11 21:39:52

you'll be fine smile

I went back to work a year ago to a different department, also public sector. Found it hard but it does get easier

HarrietJones Tue 14-Jun-11 21:46:38

I've just got my new allocation & returning to a very decimated department& slightly different job in August.
I'm feeling v concerned I won't match up to people that have gone. although I feel better that some of the less conscious workers still have their jobs hmm

MovingAndScared Wed 15-Jun-11 09:43:52

Hi -do you know where you are going to be work yet?
once you do it worth arranging a couple of KIT days - or half days before you start back - so you can meet your manager and the team -get an idea of what your duties will be etc
I think actually as everyone will be unsettled and starting a fresh it might be easier

andreaberlin Wed 22-Jun-11 17:12:42

Message deleted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now