Talk

Advanced search

Payment for Keeping in touch days

(8 Posts)
fiorentina Mon 13-Jun-11 21:10:43

Hope somebody can help me. I'm currently on maternity leave and have been doing to date 3 days work for my company as 'keeping in touch days'. My company hadn't heard of them before and I had to send them a link to the DWP explaining what they were. They seem concerned if they pay me a day rate in the usual way, that I'll miss out on maternity pay, can anyone help with how they'd pay these? Alternatively I wait to return to work and they just pay me then, not the end of the world, I'd just like a bit more money now if possible! Thanks

MovingAndScared Mon 13-Jun-11 21:42:54

as I understand it they can pay your standard daily rate for the KIT days - and it doesn't affect your maternity pay - your HR tean need an update I think

CliniqueMum Mon 13-Jun-11 21:45:54

Mine didn't pay anything whilst they I was on full maternity pay (as it would be above normal salary) but once it dropped just to statutory then they were at normal day rate.

fiorentina Tue 14-Jun-11 10:09:41

Thank you. They do need an update. I think the issue is the other lady on maternity leave didn't want to do them (totally fair enough) so they've not looked into options.

Gle76 Wed 15-Jun-11 10:13:20

I got paid for them when I returned to work...think it depends on your company. It is totally separate to your mat pay and should be your full daily rate.

drcrab Wed 15-Jun-11 15:48:16

it is considered separate to your mat pay. However, if you did those 3 days WHILST you were on FULL maternity pay (ie, above normal salary) then you won't be paid for it. So they'll only pay you your day's work if you did those 3 days on statutory pay.

HappyAsIAm Thu 16-Jun-11 21:28:21

You can work up to 10 KIT days (may be pro rata, I'm not sure on this) and be paid for them as long as you are not being paid in full by your employer when those KIT days fall. So if you are being paid SMP on those days, you can get full pay.

my HR said they would pay them once I returned to work if I chose to work them.

In fact I just did 3hrs KIT time and had it as time owing my first week back as on 3 days a week went an hr early each day which was nice for 1st week back

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now