Talk

Advanced search

Telephone interview of my life -Going back to work after 5 years

(5 Posts)
Kudza Thu 26-May-11 20:12:09

Has anyone ever failed a telephone interview? Just applied for a cashier's role in Barclays and was gutted when I failed the telephone interview. The interviewer was so friendly, I suppose after 5 years of being out of work nerves got the better of me. Well I have gone back to their website and found that they have another role for a personal banker. Do u think I should apply for this though I was not successful for the junior role............. Really need a job, please help anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vintagepommery Fri 27-May-11 13:34:31

You can't do any harm in applying - do you fit the job spec at all?

Kudza Sat 28-May-11 10:22:26

Hi Vintagepommery,
I think I do fit the job with my previuos experience. I thought I would start at entry level as I have never worked in a bank before. But with the senior role, the specs they require seem to match what I possess. I was also not sure that if they ask whether I failed abarclays interview before, I might put them off...........

Vintagepommery Sat 28-May-11 12:13:20

No harm in trying - you might be less nervous this time, or you might have been overqualified for the other job. I wouldn't mention failing the previous interview.

Amirasmummy Wed 08-Jun-11 11:16:08

You could also ask for feedback from the previous interview - it might be helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now