Advanced search

becomeing a SEN teaching assistant

(3 Posts)
hugglebug Thu 26-May-11 12:35:50

I've tried researching but I'm finding the info over whelming and confusing. Have been back at work for over 18 months as DD is 2.5yrs but want a career change. Have a degree in politics & sociology (interesting but pointless, I know) and have offered to do volunteer work ata local SEN school from September and doing my level 1 british sign language cirt in August. Any clear advice welcome as all I can find are correspondants courses which do lend themselves well to my style of learning.

HarrietJones Thu 26-May-11 19:08:20

Nvqs or cache course. Main thing is experience in schools. Lots of SN schools recruit from volunteers to do supply which can then lead to more permanent work.
For an nvq you need to be working or volunteering but it's better to do some time before starting a course.

hugglebug Fri 27-May-11 12:06:29

Thanks Harriet.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: