Anyone else working for the Census?

(11 Posts)
katedan Thu 10-Mar-11 09:40:52

Is anyone else working for the census? I applied ages ago but heard yesterday that they have now allocated me hours. Would love to chat to anyone else who is doing it as there seems to be quite a bit to do with training etc before you earn anything.

OP’s posts: |
Skifit Thu 10-Mar-11 09:53:39

Would be interested to hear more.... am thinking of looking for some work, but just not sure what type of work.

NicknameTaken Thu 10-Mar-11 10:40:28

Applied, did online test and phone interview, but haven't heard yet.

katedan Thu 10-Mar-11 11:56:57

Skifit - they are still recruiting, here is the link:
www.censusjobs.co.uk

the pay is about £7 per hour but unfortunatly I have been allocated hours over the school holidays so not sure if that will work.

Anyone else doing it?

Skifit Thu 10-Mar-11 12:02:08

thanks katedan

Mandy21 Fri 11-Mar-11 12:25:10

I'm doing it (a collector) - just for about 4 weeks on the "very part time" basis. Got my classroom training next week.

katedan Fri 11-Mar-11 13:57:39

Hi Mandy21,

Have you done your e training yet? Which area are you in? I am also doing the very part time (15 hours). When do you start work?

Mandy21 Fri 11-Mar-11 14:31:55

I've done the e training, I'm in the NW and have got "nice" areas local to me so thats fine. Officially the 6th I think. What about you?

crw1234 Fri 11-Mar-11 23:02:52

Yes I am doing it - 25 hours I think - early collector - starting 21st march - most of the work is between 2-9pm in the week and at weekends - just done the classroom training - it was ok and the people were nice
There is a test, then phone interview, then e-learning, none of them take that long then classroom training -was an afternoon - I think you get paid for that eventually

GettinTrimmer Sun 13-Mar-11 11:10:37

Hi all, I have a Census Collector job for 1 month from April to May, 15 hours per week. I have just watch the dvd, now have to do my e-learning which will take about 3 hours.

Did anybody see that thread in AIBU with someone less than happy about filling it in?

Chris20L Mon 21-Dec-20 12:40:40

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in