Talk

Advanced search

Dreading going back to work

(8 Posts)
abigail12 Wed 12-Jan-11 16:46:55

My little boy is only 4 months and i am due to go back to work in june- i really don't want to go back but unfortunately we really need the money.I'll be working for pennies since most of it will have to go on paying for transport to get baby to babysitter. The thought of leaving him, even for a couple of days a week makes me feel ill, caring for him is fantastic- everything i hoped motherhood would be - i hate that everything comes down to money!

abigail12 Wed 12-Jan-11 16:47:29

Sorry for sounding like a spoilt brat.

trumpton Wed 12-Jan-11 16:52:53

Ah You don't sound like a spoilt brat at all . My DD is in same boat and can't even talk about it without getting upset. Sending you virtual hugs and saying live for the day. Don't spoil what you are enjoying now by worrying about the future.

mollymax Wed 12-Jan-11 16:57:50

If you say you are only going to be working for pennies, once all the childcare costs etc have been taken. Is it possible to really tighten your belts, and take more time off work?
If not, I agree with trump ton,and try not to let it spoil the time you have off now.

loreli Wed 12-Jan-11 22:36:49

Hi I fully understand, I went back to work yesterday after a year ML and I have been ill over it. I have cried everyday since November and ruined my memories of DS first christmas as all I could think was I am going back to work soon. Yesterday was evil and DS cried when I dropped him off at nursery and I cried all the way into work. However I got thro the day and DS slept, ate and played at nursery and seemed happy when I picked him up. Today was much better and I can feel myself relaxing already. It is horrible but it gets better.

WheresMyWaistGone Wed 12-Jan-11 22:40:12

Join my team and pick hours to suit you and your family!

I set up my own business when ds was about 1. I had left my husband and moved home to family, so had to leave my job. I love working for myself! I choose when and how much to work, and often take ds with me, which he loves!

Have a look at my website: www.little-8ookworms.co.uk for more info or message me.

x

Beamur Wed 12-Jan-11 22:44:19

You have my sympathy - it can be so hard. I went back to work when DD was 8 months old.
However, I have to admit I actually quite enjoyed being back at work, it was nice having different people to interact with, being able to chat with my DH about something other than DD and the best (although most trivial bit) was being able to drink a whole cup of coffee without it going cold!
June is a way off yet - enjoy the time you have.

Abbicob Thu 13-Jan-11 12:52:45

I also know how you feel as it is exactly how I felt too. That first day you drop them at nursery is awful, but you know what? My little girl has been at nursery for a year now and loves it.
I have to finally admit that I have enjoyed coming back to work and can agree with everything Beamur has said. You get a warm drink and a lunch break!

I took my mind off it that first week by going out in my lunch break and buying my little girl some new clothes and a toy.

Enjoy the last few months, find a great nursery, ensure you have plenty of settling in sessions and go for it xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: