Talk

Advanced search

How do I change to career in HR?

(5 Posts)
westlake Sun 09-Jan-11 18:36:55

Posted in education, advised to post here :-)

I am a Management Accountant by trade and have a degree in business and am a passed finalist at CIMA.
In my studies I have always enjoyed the people side and the HR modules and am considering a career change. It's a good time for me as I am a SAHM at the moment but have the time to study in preparation for going back to work.
I have had a quick look but am getting very confused about what i would need to study, specific career options etc
Is there anyone out there who can tell me if this would be an easy transition, where my current qualifications would help with further study etc or anywhere useful online to start?

thanks

venusandmarzipan Mon 10-Jan-11 11:55:27

Do you have any ideas about the area you'd want to work in? Training? Employment law? Recruitment?

Change management jobs could be suitable - they are often looking for people who can combine the business needs of change with the human dimension.

Have you looked at the CIPD website?

westlake Mon 10-Jan-11 22:47:44

I have, thanks.

I've posted more under employment issues [smiles]

No idea exactly what i want to do next. but it's good to think about it now, and there are lots of really helpful people on here will lots of advice. It's looking promising as a possibility....

westlake Mon 10-Jan-11 22:48:47

ha, i meant smile

SXMummy Wed 12-Jan-11 16:40:16

have you looked at CIPD quals? This might help you too. Id say with your present skills you could do this easily. Will depend on firm size probably....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: