Talk

Advanced search

Need a career change, something I can work around my children

(11 Posts)
jinglebelly Thu 30-Dec-10 14:02:45

I'm 30, have 3 DC's and have been a SAHM for 5 years. I would like to re train in order to have a more child friendly career, something I can do part-time and work around school runs etc, I know it's a broad question but any ideas?!

LadyLapsang Sat 01-Jan-11 18:35:53

What qualifications, experience and interests do you have and how much do you need to earn?

LydiaP Sun 02-Jan-11 10:52:52

What about being a 'Jaime at Home' party consultant? I don't know much about it personally but think you host party's in other peoples homes and get a percentage of the money spent? It could be good with having three children in school for advertising, you could send flyer's home with school news letters? You could have a stand at school summer fair or next years Christmas fair?

www.jamieathome.com

WheresMyWaistGone Tue 04-Jan-11 22:33:01

I'm a single SAHM with a toddler and now have a thriving business with Usborne Books, working around my lo, and often taking him with me, which he loves!

Let me know if you'd like more info.

x

dianekeen1 Wed 05-Jan-11 09:43:14

Hi Jinglebelly,

Sounds like it's time for you to take out a pen and paper and start to write down all the things that you are totally marvellous at, things that you enjoy doing and things that you used to like to do and would like to take up again. Not an easy task for everybody to start doing but be assured that once you get going you'll have a lovely long list. This will be a starting point and help to to home in on a couple of careers that'll suit you as well as fit in around the madness that is family life.

For example, when I was on maternity leave I considered all the training I'd had in previous jobs, what it was that I liked about those jobs as well as what I didn't, it didn't take long for me to realise that coaching had to be the way forward.

I hope I've helped. Message me if you want some more advice.

Di

storminabuttercup Wed 05-Jan-11 20:39:52

WheresMyWaistGone - i'd like more info if you wouldnt mind?

sorry for the hijack!

jinglebellssantasmells Wed 05-Jan-11 20:48:32

wheresmywaistegone- i wud also like more info if u wudnt mind?

agen sorry for hijack

aoliver Thu 06-Jan-11 10:06:54

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

jinglebellssantasmells Thu 06-Jan-11 16:59:04

hey Aoliver- i have had a look in your website and am interested in becoming a licensee could i have more info on it please, if u dont mind

aoliver Fri 07-Jan-11 09:56:29

jinglebells, - mail me through the website and I can get some info sent over!

WheresMyWaistGone Sun 09-Jan-11 21:40:35

Jinglebells and Buttercup I have messaged you my email address - drop me an email and I'll send you more info!

Also, have a look at little-bookworms.co.uk

xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: