Talk

Advanced search

Which 3 days?

(5 Posts)
eclecticdreams Sat 11-Dec-10 14:13:42

I am going back to work 3 days per week and I have the choice of which days BUT there is a weekly meeting every Tuesday I should attend and it's been suggested I should fill in for a colleague on MAT leave on a Friday as her cover is not in that day. I don't need to but feel that I should. I really wanted to work 3 consecutive days but this is not possible. So, does anyone work Mon, Tues and Fri and does it work well or would Tues, Wed or Thurs and Fri work better? I'm eager to hear your views. I have 1 dd, aged 1, DH doing childcare short-term then she will go to nursery. Thanks.

stinkypants Sat 11-Dec-10 14:18:07

i would opt for tue, thurs and fri. you still have a nice long weekend then, and fridays are a great day to work as everyone is in a great mood, generally slacking off and leaving earlier!!!

cubscout Mon 13-Dec-10 15:44:30

I work Mon Tue and Fri. It's ok really - nice to have 2 days off together in the week and going in on Fri means I am not inundated on a Monday as I pick things up then.

leafinthewind Mon 13-Dec-10 15:48:53

I take Wednesdays off and love it. Worth thinking about what days are available at nursery. Ours has more Mondays and Fridays available than other days. Tf you know what nursery you want to use it might be worth talking to them. On the other hand, DD likes nursery on Mondays and Fridays because it's quieter and she gets more time with her favourite toys!

eclecticdreams Fri 17-Dec-10 14:43:45

Thanks for your messages. I have spoken to the nursry and they have more availability on a Friday so I think I'll go back Mon, Tues and Fri. It's good that noone seems to mind splitting up the working week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now