Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Calling ex-investment bank mums

(19 Posts)
Frannie1 Thu 25-Nov-10 17:58:20

So I found that all the freelance/ work from home jobs available to me have been pretty rubbish and badly paid so I just wanted to share this with anyone who was in investment banking/M&A/Corporate Finance.

Basically, I'm working flexible hours from home for really good finance boutique for what is pretty decent paid. Oh and they mentioned they're looking for a few extra people

So if any of you out there are still keen to do some Info memo drafting/ Financial modelling/Valuation analysis and make a bit of extra money whilst looking after the little one(s) i'd be happy to put you in touch.

fairyteapot Sat 27-Nov-10 20:50:13

hi

are they interested in compliance/legal/ops people? I've just started at a big IB (VP) and its not going to work. They said they'd be flexible etc but the job itself doesn't lend itself to that.

fairyteapot Sat 27-Nov-10 20:51:52

by the way - why did you leave? As I said I've only just started after 5 yrs working part time/freelance, and I'm the only person who leaves at 5 and as far as I can see the only woman with 3 small kids. I think I've been naive in thinking it would work.

mickb Tue 30-Nov-10 15:56:58

Frannie1 - yes I'd be interested- how do I get in touch/find out more?

beachyhead Tue 30-Nov-10 21:50:06

Hi, I am interested. I was in the City for about 20 years and left 2 years ago to move closer to my dad on the South Coast. Could you message me. Thanks

Fiddledee Wed 01-Dec-10 16:31:11

I'd be interested too. How can I get in touch?

Frannie1 Sat 04-Dec-10 11:09:26

Hi all, ive mailed you all the details.

F

Yummymummy777 Sun 05-Dec-10 21:39:44

Hi Frannie,

I am a chartered Accountant and worked in corporate finance. I like the do some financial Moddelling work so pleasde send me the details as well. Thanks

TerrysNo2 Mon 06-Dec-10 16:37:33

Have PM-ed you, please reply!! smile

TerrysNo2 Fri 10-Dec-10 19:43:33

Bumping as I didn't hear anything. Frannie are you out there?? smile

Frannie1 Sat 11-Dec-10 17:17:18

Sent you details. Thanks

tonga Mon 24-Jan-11 18:41:58

Hi Frannie1 - I'd be interested too. I work for a bank in the City (client side) at the moment but they won't let me go part time when I go back after my mat leave (March)... Please send me the details if I'm not too late.
Thanks

Frannie1 Tue 25-Jan-11 10:32:57

PM'ed you

Cazza72 Thu 27-Jan-11 13:04:45

Hi Frannie
I'd be interested too! Have been in the City for 20 years too - just back to work in Bond Sales after 2 years at home with kids, but it is hard leaving them full time - much harder than I imagined!
Thanks

TheWaterHorse Thu 27-Jan-11 13:44:00

Hi Frannie, please could you also send me the details?

Thanks

ppp Fri 28-Jan-11 14:02:19

Hi Frannie, just in the process of trying to find job again after 5 years out with children. Worked in Front Office Capital Markets for 10 years, so would definitely be interested in hearing some more - if still relevant ?

Thanks

Frannie1 Tue 01-Feb-11 12:02:27

Sent you both a message.

Best,

F

Frannie1 Tue 19-Jul-11 15:10:36

Thanks all for getting in touch.

smilesandsun Wed 20-Jul-11 08:57:36

Hi Frannia,

I know this is a very old post but thought I'd reply anyway as I am interested in returning to work. I was an ED with a major bank and have mostly client side trading / compliance / portfolio construction experience. I would really like to get back into finance if I can find the right role.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now