Talk

Advanced search

Interview Next Week - Advice Please

(7 Posts)
meanymum Wed 24-Nov-10 20:41:26

Just been offered an interview next week for an admin job. Not been for an interview for a loooong time. What questions might I be asked that I should be prepared for?

meanymum Wed 24-Nov-10 20:43:26

Oh and what should I ask them?!

nancy75 Wed 24-Nov-10 20:44:54

find out everything you can about the company, most places like it if you have done some research.

staranise Thu 25-Nov-10 21:02:22

Well done!
Questions to ask:
What's a typical day?
What problems/issues do you encounter day-to-day?
What do you like about working here?

Standard ones to be asked are:

Why do you want this job?
Why do you think your experience/skills suit the work?
Examples of when you've worked in a team/dealt with a problem/experience of multi-tasking.

Best of luck!

M1SSUNDERSTOOD Fri 26-Nov-10 12:12:07

Questions I have been asked recently for admin jobs are: name 3 adjectives your colleagues would use to descri be you and what do you think the position would involve?

I have asked if there are any opportunities to train/learn once in post. It obv hasn't done me any good though as didn't get either of the jobs! HTH

Menagerie Fri 26-Nov-10 12:29:56

Best tip I ever had was be positive about absolutely everything they ask. So even if your journey there was a nightmare you say it was easy and fine, even if your last boss was horrendous, you say you really enjoyed the work etc. I used to be on the recruitment panel for one company, and the upbeat, smiley people always got the job, whereas the negative ones, even if they were being fair about their previous employers, didn't go down so well.

meanymum Mon 29-Nov-10 18:56:59

Thanks for advice. Interview was quite relaxed and not too many tricky questions. Except I hate it when they ask you for your weaknesses - what do you say?! Will have to wait and see. They said they had lots of other strong candidates so don't know.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: