Talk

Advanced search

Stay at home Mummys

(5 Posts)
Violaplayer Mon 22-Nov-10 21:03:09

Hi

I am a stay at home Mummy to my 9 month old son. Does anyone know of any facebook groups / mumsnet groups / other groups for us Mummys who looking after children is our job?

If not, I am thinking of setting one up...

x

thisisyesterday Mon 22-Nov-10 21:04:13

um... lots of people replied on your other thread

am not sure you'll find many SAHM's on the "going back to work" topic confused

Feelingsensitive Wed 24-Nov-10 08:46:08

No I don't but why don't you just start one on FB? Or you can just search FB or MN can't you?

This isn't meant to sound sharp in anyway but for me personally your title would put me off. I think it's the 'mummy's' bit. I find it a bit, well, twee I suppose. I am a SAHM (but trying to get back to work hence why I am here). For me, the tweeness of 'mummy's' rather than 'parent' makes me think of floating about my clean and tidy house with my perfect children gurgling at me, having coffee mornings with my perfectly well turned out NCT friends and not worrying my fluffy little brain with trivialities such as politics, the news or anything I would be interested in. I am sure not all would agree with me but that was immediate reaction when I saw your thread title.

pagwatch Wed 24-Nov-10 08:51:30

I would never join a group with mummy in the title unless it was ironic.
Looking after my dcs is my job. But it was when I worked.
I like chatting with women not with sahms or wohms.

pagwatch Wed 24-Nov-10 08:52:32

Actually some of the men are good too....in a communication way I mean

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: