Talk

Advanced search

First day at work today...

(10 Posts)
TheGrumpalo Thu 18-Nov-10 09:04:35

Since I stopped working to have my eldest dd!

Thought I was ok but the nerves are starting now. Job is in a ladies boutique and I'm sure everyone will be really nice it's just the waiting that's making me nervous.

Really, really excited about going back to work and getting some adult company!

Applied for a few jobs over the last week or two and when I went to hand in my application for this I was offered it there and then! Still can't believe it, I though it would take ages to find something.

moondog Thu 18-Nov-10 09:07:07

OOh, messing about with clothes all day.
Lovely.
Good luck. smile

TheGrumpalo Thu 18-Nov-10 09:10:12

Thank you moondog smile

upahill Thu 18-Nov-10 09:11:05

Good luck!Hope you enjoy it!

TheGrumpalo Thu 18-Nov-10 09:15:55

Thanks upahill, gonna have a cuppa to steady the nerves.

upahill Thu 18-Nov-10 16:42:12

Are you back yet? How did it go?

BaggyCoconut Thu 18-Nov-10 22:21:54

Hope it went well. I went back to work last week after 8 years at home. Was so nervous, but I am absolutly loving it grin

Menagerie Thu 18-Nov-10 22:27:58

Wow Grumpalo - you kept that quiet on the other thread. Fantastic news. Congratulations.

How did it go? Do you love the clothes and get a massive discount?

Hope you settle in fast and really enjoy the adult company.

TheGrumpalo Fri 26-Nov-10 09:48:59

Hi everyone! Sorry it has taken me so long to come back to this thread! To be honest I'm feeling it a bit of a juggling act trying to keep the place in order, see to the kids and go to work grin I'm sure I'll get more efficient as time goes on.

Menagerie I went to hand in the application form on the Wednesday and got asked to start on the Thursday. I couldn't believe it! Still don't really. I'm loving it so far, nerves go to me a wee bit on the first two days but i'm fine now!

BaggyCoconut Glad to hear you're enjoying it too! It is the fear of the unknown that's the worst bit.

Upahill Thanks, it's going great! Loving working with people again, everyone's been so nice. The clothes and handbags are a bonus! Really like everyone I've worked with too so it's all good grin

Menagerie Fri 26-Nov-10 12:31:06

Grumpalo, that's brilliant news.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: