Talk

Advanced search

first interview in 10 years

(12 Posts)
Menagerie Mon 15-Nov-10 11:47:27

tomorrow and I'm scared. I really want this job but I've been working for myself for the last four years and am nervous of mucking up the interview.

innahar Mon 15-Nov-10 13:31:38

I've been myself at the interview last week. Ok, that was a volunteer work, but anyway, I was quite nervous. To do your best, you have to feel very relax and confident. There are some kind of herbal medications which are advised to take before tests and exams. Maybe worth to try. I definetly will next time I have interview.

Menagerie Mon 15-Nov-10 14:58:51

That's a good idea. I have done lots of prep for it and bought a new suit, but am concerned I'll be so nervous that all the work just evaporates.

TheGrumpalo Tue 16-Nov-10 10:00:48

Good luck with your interview today! Hope it goes really well smile

twopeople Tue 16-Nov-10 10:17:27

Message withdrawn

Menagerie Tue 16-Nov-10 19:50:21

Thanks so much for those kind thoughts. Not sure how it went. I was nervous and babbled a bit. And the one requirement they knew I didn't have they asked about three or four times... Got a hunch I didn't get it but will just have to wait and see. It was a great company. Would love to work there.

TheGrumpalo Thu 18-Nov-10 09:13:54

Hope you get to know soon, there's nothing worse than waiting.

Menagerie Thu 18-Nov-10 14:18:59

Oooh. Just heard I got a second interview! What do you wear second time around? I was very smart and they were more casual. Would a dress be OK after last time's suit?

TheGrumpalo Thu 18-Nov-10 16:11:59

Brilliant grin I'd go with a dress, good luck!

Menagerie Thu 18-Nov-10 22:25:28

Thanks Grump.

copycat Sat 20-Nov-10 21:04:32

Well done Menagerie smile

Good luck for the second interview.

Menagerie Sun 21-Nov-10 19:54:49

Thanks Copycat. Feeling nervous but very excited. It's a fantastic place to work. If I get it...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: