Talk

Advanced search

Gaining qualifications to work in Nursery setting, which qualifications!?

(2 Posts)
FloralFlowers Sat 06-Nov-10 16:54:22

Hi all,
My dd2 goes off to school next Sept, and I would like to work in a nursery when she does.
I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for the qualification I will need to do this?
Can I volunteer in a nursery before hand and study at the same time, or would I have to study first then gain experience?
Also, what is the actual qualification needed??
I am 26, and finished up to my AS levels!!
Any help, much appreciated!!

Thanks

badgerhead Sun 07-Nov-10 12:52:54

The usual qualification is a NVQ either level 2 or level 3. This has just been changed around in the way it is taught/put together so the best thing is to approach local colleges & see what they are offering & the costs. Also you do need to be working to do the course as evidence is required as are assessments of your working practices. It can be done whilst volunteering or in paid work. Ask at local nurseries/playgroups to see if there are any job vacancies for trainees or whether you can volunteer there whilst doing the course. a CRB check will need to be done wherever you go but that should be srranged through the setting.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: