Talk

Advanced search

Term jobs - What are they and how do I get one!

(9 Posts)
MummyJules Thu 18-Aug-05 23:07:28

DD is going back to Playgroup in a couple of weeks and I want to start to look for a job that I could fit around her 9 - 3 term time days.

Are they any Mumsnetters out there who could let me into their secret?!

katymac Thu 18-Aug-05 23:08:39

Try Civil Service or council jobs, maybe banks & BS (but they often want W/E)

Janh Thu 18-Aug-05 23:13:41

What time does your DH/P get home? Evening jobs are quite useful, as you can do them in holidays too...lots of supermarkets do eg 6-10 shifts (or later) and call centres have evenings too.

Most regular p/t day jobs only give you 6 weeks paid hols and often aren't too keen on you taking unpaid school hols.

lucy5 Thu 18-Aug-05 23:14:16

What about being a teaching assistant?

MummyJules Thu 18-Aug-05 23:17:03

I'm not keen on doing anything with children as I did this previously before DD. Am going to Uni next year to study music and was a professional singer before I had DD but it's hard to have a profession such as singing with a child. May look at working in Uni's or being a receptionist at a local school etc..

Janh Thu 18-Aug-05 23:20:03

Uni terms aren't the same as schools though. And school receptionist/secretary jobs are rare as hens' teeth.

You might get an unqualified NTA (pay is crap though )

lucy5 Thu 18-Aug-05 23:24:16

What about voice coaching or something musical that you could do from home and times to suit?

MummyJules Thu 18-Aug-05 23:26:02

That;s an idea but I am scared I might be underqualified and my brain has gone to mush since Ive had DD which is the main reason I am doing this degree next year.

lucy5 Thu 18-Aug-05 23:27:21

Teaching is 50% bs, they wont know youve got babybrain if you dont tell them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now