Talk

Advanced search

Year end, looking at ds's work

(7 Posts)
Kammy Mon 21-Jul-08 12:58:04

Ds is in Year 1 and pretty bright at maths. He sat the SATS papers and achieved a clear Level 3. He absolutely loves maths and it's all like a game, doing bits of algebra, sudoku, anything with numbers. He's also a fantastic reader, managing Harry Potter.

I never though he was a boaster and we always instill in him that everyone has different particular talents... then I got all his work home at the end of term and had a good look through.

In his liteacy book, under a 'description on me' he had written as the top 2 sentences;

I am very good at maths.
I am really very clever..blush

Kammy Mon 21-Jul-08 12:58:45

I'm not too hot on my spelling am I?

Romy7 Mon 21-Jul-08 18:37:09

sounds like my DS - sentence no. 3 i have not yet learnt modesty and find it irrelevant lol.

Dottoressa Mon 21-Jul-08 23:35:17

Ditto my Y1 super-bright and super-immodest-despite-our-best-efforts DS. Introducing himself to the mother of a Y4 child, he said: "I am (hisname), and I am so good at reading that I can have any book I like in the school library". I had to add: "And yes, he is very modest."

Flum Mon 21-Jul-08 23:37:20

ha ha ha My DD says ' Mummy, am I the most beautiful girl in the world?' and then wanders off muttering ' I am aren't I' She is 4 and half, its kid of funny, but needs knocking on the head... the habit, not th child of course

Romy7 Tue 22-Jul-08 08:17:23

i console myself with the fact that the only other noticeably bright kid is a real cow when it comes to criticising other children's work 'that's rubbish. you can't even colour properly' - so i know which unattractive quality i prefer, if he has to have one... at least he's still got friends!!

Kammy Tue 22-Jul-08 12:46:16

Hear hear Romy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now