Talk

Advanced search

My dd has just been put on G&T register in her school and I have a few questions...

(5 Posts)
Jacanne Thu 17-Jul-08 16:32:01

.....if anyone can help?

What does it mean in real terms or does it depend on the school? She has been invited to a summer school and we have just been give this envelope full of stuff about the YG&T website. On checking out the site I've found that dd has to register in her own name and that there are forums etc. I can see it being of use when she's a bit older but it all seems a bit too much for a 5 year old. Is there anything similar that's a bit more user friendly for younger children?

Jacanne Thu 17-Jul-08 17:38:01

Bump

abouteve Thu 17-Jul-08 20:38:06

There is an organisation that deals with G&T younger children. Its known by its initials beginning with N not NAGTY that's been replaced now with the YG&T. If you look back on some of the threads I'm sure its been mentioned.

Sorry I couldn't help more. It certainly does depend on the school some do extra some do nothing.

Jacanne Sat 19-Jul-08 15:36:46

Thanks, abouteve I've found it.

flamingtoaster Mon 21-Jul-08 19:06:51

The Register means that all schools list their top 5-10% of pupils. The problem with the Register is that because the children are rated against each other, rather than an absolute standard, a child could be on the Register in one school but not in another.

The National Association for Gifted Children http://www.nagcbritain.org.uk/ runs activities for younger gifted children. Local branches vary - larger branches sometimes run courses, smaller branches run one-off activities several times a term. Larger branches tend to be more formal - smaller branches are very relaxed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now