Talk

Advanced search

If you saw this about a school your child had just left would you think they had a lucky escape?

(11 Posts)
avenanap Thu 10-Jul-08 23:42:05

"This school is fine for children who are above average academically but the school and in particular the headmaster has a disgraceful and unprofessional attitude to children who have extra educational needs and those who come from ordinary homes that don't quite match his own priviledged upbringing."

I didn't write this, honest!

S1ur Fri 11-Jul-08 01:18:44

who wrote it???

KerryMum Fri 11-Jul-08 01:23:01

if my kid didn't fit the profile.

OomphreyCushion Fri 11-Jul-08 01:25:56

A rather unfavourable review; quite a personal attack.

Is it a fair and true assessment?

(I think 'priviledged' is spelt incorrectly).

avenanap Fri 11-Jul-08 01:32:53

I've no idea who wrote it. I'm so pleased it's not just me that thinks it. I found it on a website promoting and rating private schools though.

It's very true though grin. Have you not seen my other threads moaning about the head? ds doesn't fit his profile, that's why he's moving.

avenanap Fri 11-Jul-08 01:34:53

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/2408/491414

One of them. Weird or what? shock

partaria Fri 11-Jul-08 15:24:37

if you think you've had a lucky escape this would only confirm your opinion; if you lke the school you'd ignore it because it sounds personal and anecdotal rather than a summary of what a significant body of parents thinks.

avenanap Fri 11-Jul-08 15:26:13

Good point. I never thought of it that way. smile

ChickenBurger Sat 12-Jul-08 22:03:35

I think it sounds really bitchy - I'd strongly suspect sour grapes.

TheRealPhartiphukborlz Sat 12-Jul-08 22:07:57

are you sure you didnt write it avenapap.? smile

agree though, most definately sounds like sour grapes - freedom of speech and all that - where did you read it?

Celia2 Sat 19-Jul-08 17:46:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now