Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help dd 6 self motivation and self esteem at a all time low

(2 Posts)
lexcat Fri 21-Sep-07 09:36:15

Sorry if in the wrong place but seem the best place.
DD6 y2 is a bright able child and one of the top in her class. The only problem is she has no self motivation always does the the least work possible or it's not finished. Her teacher is always saying it's always the most able which are like that, and the bright ones work so hard, like they have something to prove.
How can I help her, as I worry because she see's the other children on her table been rewarded for there work, tells me she doesn't care, but then suddenly the mask cracks we have tears, don't like school and it's not fair. (Same happened end of last year)
Self esteem is at an all time low and she's not that happy. Just want to get her on the right track so she may start nuckling down so she can get the merit for she work she does. Plus hopefully give back some of her self esteem.

frazzledbutcalm Fri 21-Sep-07 14:42:26

Our school has counselling service for this type of issue. Its not counselling as in sit there asking and answering questions, child has one to one session with counsellor, just plays with toys there and can talk, play, anything really. dd2 aged 4 is starting the service next week. She has no self confidence, can't approach or play with other kids. She's one of 4 so i can't understand it! smile Otherwise she's a lovely little girl, helpful and cheery. Completely different at home but still very shy. I'll keep you updated, but it may be worth you talking to GP/HV about this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now