Talk

Advanced search

Long wait for assessment

(7 Posts)
Downnout Thu 15-Jan-15 12:15:18

My ds7 has an SENCO assessment every year to ensure he is learning at a 'higher level'. This is in his report etc from last year - his new teacher has been reminded a couple of times and we are still waiting for it to be done.

Does anyone think that Sept-Jan is a long time to wait?

GillSans Thu 15-Jan-15 12:16:29

How much of a higher level than his peers is he working at?

MrsCakesPrecognition Thu 15-Jan-15 12:17:45

How long ago was his most recent assessment?

Downnout Thu 15-Jan-15 12:19:19

The Head recommended an annual assessment - this is primarily for English - free reader working at Level 4 (in Year 2).

Downnout Thu 15-Jan-15 12:19:50

Sorry last assessment September 2013

MrsCakesPrecognition Thu 15-Jan-15 12:25:01

Sounds like it should have happened last term then, so I think it is fine for you to push for this, either with the class teacher or SENCO. If they have changed their minds then they should have communicated that to you.

var123 Thu 15-Jan-15 13:15:03

I'd ask the teacher again and go back to the head to clarify how much deviation on every 12 months she intended. I suspect the hT agreed it with the year 1 teacher, but not the year 2 teacher who is now playing for time to see if she can escape it altogether.

Its a bit stupid to assess in September of year 1 and think that he'd be at much the same level in Spring term of year 2.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: