Talk

Advanced search

clever, son, clever

(9 Posts)
clairewitchproject Fri 12-Dec-14 23:04:07

This week my clever son (aged 7) has taught me the word 'phantonym' and what it means (I thought he was making a mistake, I should have known better) and made this little joke (short sight runs in the family):
Me: 'Son, we are off to the opticians on Saturday to see if you need distance glasses'
Son: 'I'd rather go to the optimist instead and get half full glasses!'
Ok so it isn't hilarious but how clever.

I am hoping on this forum I can share this stuff without inciting vitriol or disbelief. Make me laugh with clever stuff your kids have said (keep it so I can understand it though smile )

LynetteScavo Fri 12-Dec-14 23:06:09

Actually, it is hilarious. grin

Beehatch Fri 12-Dec-14 23:13:35

This may out me as DS is well known for his hilarious insights

DD chatting in the car one day "I think One Direction is really good"

DS pipes up from the back "All the directions are good <DD>"
He was about 3 at the time grin

Bluestocking Fri 12-Dec-14 23:13:37

That's brilliant, funny and ingenious! What a treasure, I do love a funny child.

PoppySausage Fri 12-Dec-14 23:15:09

Ha ha that's brilliant! Not amazing, but tickled me when 3yo dd stated 'that's an excellent problem mummy!' when I asked her how many biscuits she had left

pieceofpurplesky Fri 12-Dec-14 23:23:48

I am also the very proud mum of a witty son. I once asked him what his last slave died of .... His answer ??? "Exhaustion". He was 7 at the time

Zipitydooda Fri 12-Dec-14 23:29:40

I really like the optician joke!

Not sure if this is clever but made me chuckle

I took my 2 youngest DS to an activity. I entered a room with youngest DS
Teenaged leader to DS: hello my name is x, what is yours?
DS: I'm zippykid
Teenager: how old are you zippykid?
DS: I'm 3 but a big 3
Teenager: what do you want to be when you grow up?
DS : I want to be 4

Then 6yo DS enters (he hadn't heard the previous conversation) teenager has exact same conversation leading to:
So Zippykid2 what do you want to be when you grow up?
DS: taller

My sons think alikesmile

Ferguson Wed 13-May-15 22:38:03

I don't know if this 'thread' is still being watched (but at least it hasn't been Zombified):

Near where we live is a well known hill, that has the remains of a prehistoric hill fort on top, though now overgrown.

The area is known as 'Denbury Down'. I think our DS was 8 or 9 when he observed "It ought to be called Denbury Up!"

[I've just been looking up 'Phantonym', which I found in Macmillan's dictionary, but not in Collins, that I normally use.]

In the Lake District, when he was ten, DS saw the sun shining on ripples on the lake, and coined the word: dazzlettes !

RB68 Wed 13-May-15 22:49:46

Appparently baby ducks squack (squeak and quack) which amused me. Also as a child her imaginary friend was called Ordinary, her friend was Extra Ordinary...

And yes she was 2.5 when this friend and her friend appeared!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now