Talk

Advanced search

7-year-old doing the Fibonacci series for fun

(7 Posts)
BathshebaDarkstone Tue 18-Nov-14 09:37:36

I told DD about the Fibonacci series last night, so far she's got up to 144 in her head. I've asked her teacher to let her continue on paper at school. Trying not to boast, but I'm so bloody proud! grin

bobs123 Tue 18-Nov-14 09:40:55

Good for her - better to boast on here rather than wandering round the playground telling all the other mothers!!!
I remember wham my DD goat into learning capital cities at a very young age - put me to shame! Little boast of my own - she's trying for Cambridge uni atm!!!)

BathshebaDarkstone Tue 18-Nov-14 10:08:55

Excellent, good luck to your DD! grin

var123 Tue 18-Nov-14 16:31:25

so did the teacher let her continue? If she did, then hang onto that school!

PiqueABoo Tue 18-Nov-14 21:42:21

DD was given a Fibonacci based worksheet for homework by the school in Y4 (they had some of them doing enrichment maths with an HLTA in place of one normal Numeracy lesson per week).

It was a memorable moment here too. She gleefully insisted on mental maths "wait-wait-wait-[giggle]-ermm-wait-errm-six-thousand-wait..." and although she went further along the sequence, in Y4 she was an eight year-old.

[Then she had to draw lots and lots of rabbits but I'm trying to forget about that]

DD is currently a notable maths whiz in Y7 so no guarantees, but I think it is a a good sign and you're right to be pleased.

acebaby Fri 21-Nov-14 18:08:28

:-) she sounds terrific.

My maths mad 9yo loves the murderous maths books (similar to horrible histories). Maybe your DD would like them too?

AnonyMust Mon 01-Dec-14 00:48:17

Aaaah

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now