Talk

Advanced search

Can I celebrate this here?

(11 Posts)
diamondage Sun 09-Mar-14 22:51:10

Well I can't in RL of course.

I'd like to here but the standards seem so high judging by some of the amazing DCs mentioned here so I'm not sure if this will qualify but here goes!

DD is 5, in year 1 and her teacher has levelled her as 2a for maths, writing and spelling and a secure level 3 for reading. I could add, even better, she's a kind and sensitive cutie but no one minds talking about that in RL, only the academic stuff, and I'm sort of fit to burst.

I know these are really good levels for a 5 year old - but are they good enough for me to be able to celebrate here?

Needless to say I've name changed just in case! I won't hold my breath but my fingers and toes are crossed grin

chocoluvva Sun 09-Mar-14 23:14:35

Aww. You sound lovely - "kind and sensitive" as well as extremely clever. You clearly have good judgment about what's important.

Nappaholic Sun 09-Mar-14 23:20:33

Yeh! She is obviously very talented, and clearly you are very proud! Why shouldn't you celebrate that in RL too?

natellie1970 Mon 10-Mar-14 06:48:21

Of course you can celebrate here. She sounds lovely and so do you. Sad that we can't celebrate our DC in RL without getting that look off other parents.

Acinonyx Mon 10-Mar-14 08:44:46

A secure level 3 i year 1 is pretty unusual so I think you are safe here wink

diamondage Mon 10-Mar-14 10:12:06

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments they really hit the big grins spot!

I can no more say to RL people how proud I am of little DD than I can say how proud I am of big DD who is now over a year clean & sober. Both seem taboo topics of conversation albeit for very different reasons but my heart burst with all sorts of lovely emotions for both of their achievements.

Thank you again so much for your warm & affirming welcome flowers

nonicknameseemsavailable Mon 10-Mar-14 20:50:53

sounds a very good reason to celebrate - for both your DDs!

simpson Mon 10-Mar-14 21:35:48

Well done to both your DDs grin

I know what you mean about not being able to say anything in RL.

DD (also yr1) is a 2A in writing and 3C in reading (maths a more "normal 1A) smile

ouryve Mon 10-Mar-14 21:40:16

Your little DD sounds fabulous, and both of your DD's achievements are well worth celebrating.

vichill Tue 11-Mar-14 15:07:17

well done smile your hard work and/or genes are paying off.

diamondage Wed 12-Mar-14 08:03:49

Thanks everyone smile

Fair point vichill, the genes are via paternal grandparents, two scientists that seem to me to have brains the size of planets ... not to disparage DH by omission grin.

Hard work ... well, reading most but by no mean all days, her comprehension / love of learning, doing, experiencing is genes pure and simple. Maths was her least favourite subject and I have helped there - now she finds it fun (phew) but is definitely not a natural mathematician, which frankly is a good job because even at this rate I won't be able to help on the homework front before the end of primary without some serious brushing up on the maths skills front blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now