Talk

Advanced search

Diagnosis or misdiagnosis?

(2 Posts)
Worriedandlost Tue 04-Mar-14 14:47:40

I am not in any sort of denial just curios if anyone have ever been in similar position...

Dd (KS1 age) has some social problems and very bright. I suspected her to be ASD, though she ticked only couple of boxes. I really wanted her to be diagnosed, the sooner the better. She finally was. However,I read so much about G&T children and their asynchronous development by now that I am in doubt about her diagnosis. Saying that she does have social and behaviour issues (these are gradually improving) and personal TA. I am not going to argue the diagnosis but was wondering whether anyone had similar thoughts about their diagnosed children....

gardenfeature Tue 04-Mar-14 17:55:04

Have a look at this book called Misdiagnosis and Dual Diagnosis of Gifted Children and Adults:

books.google.co.uk/books/about/Misdiagnosis_and_Dual_Diagnoses_of_Gifte.html?id=NQrtt-peg5AC&redir_esc=y

It was recommended to me by the NAGC. It is very interesting and has a list of similarities and reasons against a diagnosis of ASD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now