Talk

Advanced search

what to look for in a school for potential g&t child.

(3 Posts)
DizzyHoneyBee Sat 29-Sep-12 13:50:28

My DS is year 3 and will be moving schools at the end of year 4 as we have a middle school system. I think he's probably g&t looking at what he can do and what his teachers say about him. He has done the SATs in year 2 and is a level 3 for reading, writing and maths.
The most important thing is that we find a school that he will be happy at but I also want to make sure the school have appropriate g&t provision - but then again I also think that a bright child will do well anywhere if they are motivated.
I don't want to see him ignored whilst all the TAs focus on the lower ability children, I know they have a great need for help but I want my DS not to be bored in school. His current school are great at doing G&T work.

LeeCoakley Sat 29-Sep-12 14:09:34

I'm not sure why TAs shouldn't be focussed on helping where needed. Some schools don't have TAs so all children would have one person to share between them!

If a school can't cope with a level3 child in year 3 then they must be pretty poor.

DizzyHoneyBee Sat 29-Sep-12 14:12:56

His current school are excellent, they do great G&T stuff with TA support at both ends of the SEN spectrum. I just am not sure what to look for at the 9-13 age school that comes next.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now