Talk

Advanced search

14 year old Daughter wants to attend medicine based summer school

(5 Posts)
CabbitMel Thu 06-Oct-11 13:57:17

Hi, my 14 year old daughter wants to attend a summer school (London or South East preferably) next year (2012). She is interested in medicine. She is G&T and attended a similar school at Imperial College 2 years ago. Imperial's summer school dates do not tie in with her school holiday dates and due to the fact that she is taking her GCSE's she doesn't want to miss a whole week of school.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards.

iggly2 Thu 06-Oct-11 19:10:50

I do not know what response you would likeconfused. They can not reorganise the course for your dd. Are there other universities with similar courses you could look into? Your dd will have to decide how confident she is having time off from school. No med school will turn her down if she has not done this course. Can you arrange work experience in a GPs or hospital (this will look more impressive)-she may have to be at least 16 though.

Milliways Thu 06-Oct-11 19:13:30

Have you tried the Sutton Trust?

Milliways Thu 06-Oct-11 19:15:41

Actually, details here about the one at Cambridge shows it for 6th formers as you need your GCSE results and to be taking certain A levels.

CabbitMel Fri 07-Oct-11 11:20:51

Milliways - thank you. I will investigate the Sutton Trust.
Kind regards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now