Talk

Advanced search

LATIN ASSISTANCE REQUIRED

(4 Posts)
CabbitMel Wed 24-Aug-11 10:21:49

Hi, My 13 year old daughter has been studying Latin privately for 3 years (2 lessons of 1 hour duration per week). She will be ready to take a GCSE in a year apparently (her tutor has informed me). Problem is that she wants to stop with the Latin now as she is about to embark on her GCSEs in September, this year (her school are starting all the children on their GCSEs a year early). Can anyone please advise of a qualification that she could take to demonstrate her 3 years knowledge of the subject? Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks

OhdearNigel Wed 24-Aug-11 13:10:43

Could she not do a GCSE outside of school ? Or could the school get the papers etc for her ?

FetchezLaVache Wed 24-Aug-11 13:23:27

It's a long time since I did my GCSE in Latin, but has she already started on the set texts? They involve quite a lot of work- so if she's already started them, it would be a shame to waste that effort, but if she hasn't, it might be a bit much on top of her existing GCSE workload. I don't know of any other qualifications, perhaps her tutor could advise.

CabbitMel Wed 24-Aug-11 13:38:18

Hi guys, thank you for your responses.
I have found a course on the WJEC website which seems suitable. I have dropped an email to her tutor, so fingers crossed.
Thank you all for the responses. Kind regards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now