Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I have two ingrown, infected hairs on my fanjo (tmi)

(31 Posts)
DaleyBump Thu 14-Nov-13 01:11:23

and since I'm 38 weeks pregnant, I can't see to get to them. DH noticed one about a month ago and I thought that if I left it alone it would go away, but today I went to the toilet and my pants were pretty soaking with blood (definitely from the hairs). I got DH to have another look and he says they're massive, raised, full of pus and black. shock

I was just wondering, do I need to see a doctor? I would love nothing more than to attack the fuckers with tweezers but since I can't see that's a bit difficult.

Bearandcub Thu 14-Nov-13 01:17:11

Sound the Klaxon! I'm sure you'll have a ton of volunteers to get them.

If the idea of a total stranger with a pair of tweezers plucking at your lady garden is a bit scary, give them a name badge and agree an appointment. That way they're almost professional. Of course you could get the GP to have a look but what's the difference really?

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Thu 14-Nov-13 06:35:08

The doctor won't drool and take pictures. wink Seriously it might be a job for the practice nurse. (sadly)

DaleyBump Thu 14-Nov-13 16:52:15

That's one way to do it bear grin what would the practice nurse do? It's like the Amazon down there, dreading the thought of anyone prodding about before I've had a chance to tidy up a little grin

Madamecastafiore Thu 14-Nov-13 16:55:36

Can DH not do it?

Sterilise a pin, cover with hot flannel, prod with pin and then tweezer hair out and squeeze pus out. Finish of with another wipe with hot flannel and cover with germaline.

DaleyBump Thu 14-Nov-13 16:58:24

He is absolutely useless at this kind of thing. He just faffs about for a while then says "nope, can't get it". Useless.

sunbathe Thu 14-Nov-13 17:05:45

What about a small mirror on a stand, positioned so you can see them?

DaleyBump Thu 14-Nov-13 17:10:33

I've tried, my huge belly overshadows everything so I just can't see. I don't even know how bad they are really but they're incredibly painful.

hermioneweasley Thu 14-Nov-13 17:11:29

Well I'd you can't see there and your DH is useless, it's going to have to be a third party. There are many sporner MNetters who. 1). Won't care about your minge upkeep. 2) won't be remotely phased by seeing your fanjo.

JoinTheDots Thu 14-Nov-13 17:12:23

lay on your back and get DH to hold the mirror? He can position an angle poise lamp for you too, and then you get all the fun!

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Thu 14-Nov-13 17:24:20

[excited] oooo he could use mobile phones in some way to film it so you can see, like on casualty. What about our old friend mag sulph to draw it out first? come on fellow sporners this woman needs our help dammit.

HollaAtMeBaby Thu 14-Nov-13 17:40:02

Go to your practice nurse - or if you're feeling , go and get waxed; the hot wax might draw out the yuckiness.

HollaAtMeBaby Thu 14-Nov-13 17:40:33

Feeling brave I mean!

MrsSpencerReid Thu 14-Nov-13 17:42:50

I would squeeze in the area, you'll prob be able to feel the 'head' and keep going!! Personally I would tweeze the hair out once it's released, surely dh/dp can do that?! Do you have a beautician? I think mine would be top of my list to assist should I be in this position and at 28w preg it's possible grin good luck

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Thu 14-Nov-13 18:04:01

waxing-seriously? Is that so when she gives birth she can say "well that wasn't so bad"wink I doubt a waxer would do it though.
beautician or nurse if you won't consider a total stranger in the undergrowth.

IckyYuckyGross Thu 14-Nov-13 18:09:42

Show us, show us, show us, show us!!

And it sounds like you need a nurse or able assistant btw.

mineofuselessinformation Thu 14-Nov-13 18:31:29

Go and see a nurse at the gp surgery! If they're really that sore, get them sorted. Believe me, they've seen it all before and will probably be very sympathetic.

WhoNickedMyName Thu 14-Nov-13 18:36:32

If they're at the point where they're leaking/bleeding then a warm flannel (as hot as you can stand it) held over the area, or a warm bath should draw them out.

MissBeehiving Thu 14-Nov-13 18:49:52

First rule of Sporn Club - photos grin

In a nice warm bath then a squeeze.

You're not in East Anglian are you? probably a bit too keen

Flossiechops Thu 14-Nov-13 18:59:38

I'm a nurse, i am excellent at squeezing and picking! You do need to go and see your GP as you may well need a course of antibiotics. Some of these get so bad they need surgically excising and draining shock

DaleyBump Thu 14-Nov-13 21:11:37

I would show you all but I'd rather not have my fanjo plastered all over MN grin just got DH to have a look and apparently they're not as bad as last night so I think I'll just leave them be for now. Unfortunately, I now have a bloody cyst on the other side <grumble grumble>

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Thu 14-Nov-13 21:30:19

the gift that keeps on giving. As someone said recently on another sporn thread. smile

LydiaLunches Thu 14-Nov-13 21:34:34

I would definitely go and get some antibiotics, not going to be great fun in labour and after if they flare up again?!

SecretWitch Thu 14-Nov-13 21:42:18

GAH! Could your husband not hold your belly up a bit so you could get a look at your Fanjo? Or maybe lie on your back holding a mirror above you, whilst clutching a torch for better viewing?

Or perhaps you better see your GP..

MissBeehiving Thu 14-Nov-13 21:43:15

envy Flossie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now