Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cervical Cancer

(4 Posts)
NannyL Thu 18-Aug-05 19:17:27

does anyone know anything about cervical cancer...

Drs think my best friend (24) is likely to have it... but has 2 wait 6 weeks for the tests to confirm it

she is 24 with a 2 year old little girl, and petrified

any ideas what they will do... and what her chances are

might she be able to have mroe kids?

Aragon Thu 18-Aug-05 19:31:31

What is making the doctors think she has it?

Also six weeks is a long time to be waiting if it's a cancer referral. Is it test results she's waiting six weeks for or six weeks before they can do tests?

Also, as far as I am aware, cervical cancer is among the most curable of cancers.

singsong Thu 18-Aug-05 20:46:05

look here for info about cervical cancer.

Have the doctors actually said they think she has cancer or have they told her there are abnormal cells on a smear test? I think it is unlikely she would have to wait 6 weeks if they thought she has cancer.

bumpylump Thu 18-Aug-05 20:48:56

surely they wouldnt wait that long I agree. I had abnormal cells myself and had to go in hospital to have them zapped, they rang me at home to get me to go in the following week. I hope this means it's not as serious as she thinks, fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now