Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

MMR on Monday - high temperature this evening - too early to be connected?

(7 Posts)
GeorginaA Wed 17-Aug-05 23:57:02

Ds2 (15 mths) had his first MMR injection on Monday afternoon. Since 7pm tonight he's been running a temperature. I've just been in to see him and given him some nurofen as his temperature is up at 39.5C.

Can this be a reaction to the MMR? I was under the impression that it was supposed to be about a week before anything happened? (Although I have vague memories of ds1 reacting "fast" too - around 4 days before a temperature). I didn't get a sheet this time round listing the common reactions - does this sound like it's MMR related? Is it likely to go away again within the next 24hrs?

jampots Wed 17-Aug-05 23:57:51

my friend's ds was similar - within a few days i think. i posted about it and will try and find the thread

GeorginaA Thu 18-Aug-05 00:05:47

I thought I'd be more relaxed about it second time round... but feeling quite worried. He's normally a fairly healthy chap, hate seeing him like this

ChicPea Thu 18-Aug-05 00:13:51

I remember reading your DS's birth announcement and can't believe that was 15mths ago!

I would say that it is due to the MMR.

GeorginaA Thu 18-Aug-05 08:15:57

ChicPea - tell me about it! I'm still in shock over how quick the time has gone, he was barely a baby!

Very whingy and clingy today, but the temp seems to be responding better to calpol now. I'm guessing the warm weather last night didn't help much.

Jimjams Thu 18-Aug-05 08:51:22

ah well at least you know it worked. Hope he's better soon.

GeorginaA Thu 18-Aug-05 09:14:17

Yes, that's always a relief, jimjams! He's just so unlike himself today though. Think most of it is tiredness. None of us got a good night last night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now