Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Slightly embarrassing question - does anyone else still feel sore several years after tearing during labour?

(8 Posts)
cleverclogs Wed 17-Aug-05 23:12:45

my youngest is 4 now and I have had 2 natural deliveries, where i tore really badly on each ocassion (Grrrrrrrr)

Frm time to time i still feel sore internally, is this normal?

mummyhill Thu 18-Aug-05 08:39:13

I feel sore in the general area I was stitched when auntie flo is due.

throckenholt Thu 18-Aug-05 08:51:30

I had second/third degree tears with both my deliveries - no stitches either time at my request. I can honestly say I have never had any pain as a result - youngest is 2.5.

No help to you - just a point of reference.

If I were you I would go to the gp to get it investigated.

kbaby Thu 18-Aug-05 14:00:18

My DD is 14 months and I tore and get pain when having a period. It hurts in the area where I had the stiches if I stand up for a long time.

cleverclogs Thu 18-Aug-05 16:00:13

kbaby, i had that too (pain when standing) but it did settle down eventually. I just get the ocassional ache now and then, maybe is it to do with hormones?

Flossam Thu 18-Aug-05 16:11:49

On BD sometimes it hurts where I had my second degree tear 9 months on. Seems to be getting better all the time though. Guess it could be where the nerves were and they may have been slightly damaged? As well as any scar tissue.

vickitiredmum Thu 18-Aug-05 16:23:25

I have same as kbaby - tore badly and was cut for ventouse with my first. Maybe some nerves were cut/damaged and increase blood supply at certain times/hormones do make it worse - hadnt ever thought about it - just thought it was fact of motherhood - how accepting am I??? No problems or tears with 2nd though - but still pain from first!

spangles Thu 18-Aug-05 16:37:35

I was cut for a ventouse delivery with 1st baby and have no pain. I think you should see GP to get it sorted.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: