Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Recurrent nausea

(8 Posts)
peckarollover Wed 17-Aug-05 20:30:46

I keep on getting tummy bug like symptoms far more regularly than I think is normal.

Every now and then I have a couple of days when I feel really nauseous and sometimes I am actually sick. Also get dicky tummy in the other way (the D word) and heartburny type feelings. Its not normally that bad just not very nice.

DH seems to get similar - feeling not right, queasy, food repeating on him etc

I keep getting paranoid that Im not cleaning or cooking properly!

Anyone any idea what it could be?

NotQuiteCockney Thu 18-Aug-05 02:46:14

I think there are some bacterial infections or even (ugh) parasitical infections that can cause this. How long have you had this?

It's unlikely to be a cleaning/cooking issue, I would think ... unless your fridge is broken, something systemic like that? (Even so, we managed with a fridge that only went to 10C for ages, just threw things out before they officially went off.)

How long have you had this? Are you particularly stressed? Might be worth talking to your GP.

peckarollover Thu 18-Aug-05 10:52:48

I think I have had it for a while as every time it happens I think "NO, not again there cant be THAT many bugs around" but Im noticing it more.

Id say at least 3 or 4 months. It really is starting to make me a bit phobic of food - yesterday for example I snacked on one of the kids mini sausages and it made me feel ill and now I just couldnt imagine putting one in my mouth again.

I stopped smoking just over a month ago so my stress levels are a bit higher. Also got married a month ago so there was lots of stress surrounding that but I dont feel particularly stressed anymore.

Mum2girls Thu 18-Aug-05 10:53:57

could it be a food intolerance?

trefusis Thu 18-Aug-05 10:57:29

Message withdrawn

foxinsocks Thu 18-Aug-05 10:58:33

my first thought was that it was some sort of Irritable Bowel Syndrome but if both you and dh have it I would certainly go to the doc. It's possible that you have a tummy bug that needs antibs. Have you been abroad lately?

peckarollover Thu 18-Aug-05 13:06:42

We were in Majorca at the end of June.

Would actimel or whatever you call it help?

foxinsocks Thu 18-Aug-05 16:58:30

I doubt it would make it worse so give it a try

I had a nasty bout of nausea recently and I've been feeling better after taking those yoghurts. If you don't feel better in a few days, I would definitely go to the doc because you could have picked up some bug that needs treating (sounds like it if you and dh are suffering!). Hope you feel better!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: