Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

TOTALLY GROSS AND SO EMBARRASSED

(60 Posts)
boilonmybum Wed 17-Aug-05 20:19:14

Ive changed my name for this because i am just too embarrassed to "out" myself.

I have what i think is a boil on my bum.... it is rock hard, quite red and about the size of a 50p piece.

DH is refusing to pop it for me, and I cant reach it being pregnant. Really DONT want to go to the doctors.

Someone help me please because it really hurts, cant sit down without tears forming in my eyes!

Twiglett Wed 17-Aug-05 20:20:11

go to doctors

it is probably a cyst .. that happens to one in a hundred pregnant women supposedly

sweetkitty Wed 17-Aug-05 20:20:44

Order DP to do his manly duty, this is gross too but when I'm pregnant I get a really spotty back DP loves to squeeze them and has regular spot watch!

Twiglett Wed 17-Aug-05 20:20:46

(didn't they mention the weird assortment of seemingly unconnected ailments you can get with pregnancy then??)

Charlee Wed 17-Aug-05 20:21:00

Ouch! I dont know what to say really, do you have any close personal friends who could do it? if not i had a big spot/cist in a pesonal place and my gp said if i sat in a hot bath it may empty itself, its groos i know but it may work.

Nbg Wed 17-Aug-05 20:21:19

Is it really the size of a 50p?

My first thought was maybe an ingrwoing hair. I get them on the backs of my legs sometimes. They can cause redness and inflamation.

boilonmybum Wed 17-Aug-05 20:22:18

it really is the size of a 50p

and it is so sore.

DH is useless - i hate him right now

Twiglett Wed 17-Aug-05 20:23:16

go to docs

go to docs

go to docs

(is this your first baby? cos if you're embarrassed about a spot on your bum .... )

Charlee Wed 17-Aug-05 20:23:38

hot bath see if it works apparently the heat will soften it and it may pop itself or at least sooth it.

boilonmybum Wed 17-Aug-05 20:23:47

second baby

Charlee Wed 17-Aug-05 20:24:24

god why are you embarrased then! i lost all sense of shame after i had ds

BunnyBoo Wed 17-Aug-05 20:25:04

Are you sure its a boil? If so i would insist that dh squeezed it

Twiglett Wed 17-Aug-05 20:25:25

Does DH say it looks like a spot or a cyst

it sounds too big for a spot

my SIL got cysts when pregnant .. she had one about that size on her tongue and lisped for months

go to docs, you big jessy

Nbg Wed 17-Aug-05 20:25:33

Agree with Charlee or you could hold a hot towel on it.

Either that or threaten your dh that if you have to do it yourself you will put the contents of it in his dinner.

boilonmybum Wed 17-Aug-05 20:26:04

im sure it is.

it is rock hard of puss and it needs to escape.

DH is such a wuss. If i could reach it myself i would do it myself!

Charlee Wed 17-Aug-05 20:26:13

NBG! ewwwww thats gross! poor girl!

BunnyBoo Wed 17-Aug-05 20:27:05

Can you not reach with one hand and just squeeze between your thumb and finger?

Twiglett Wed 17-Aug-05 20:27:46

jeez .. am I the only sane one here

go to the doctor

boilonmybum Wed 17-Aug-05 20:27:47

it just hurts so much. think i need a pin to pop it. thats all i want dh to do - pop it. i will squeeze the rest.

Charlee Wed 17-Aug-05 20:29:47

Twglett i think were trying to save her embarrasment
but i went to the gp with mine and it was ehem in 'that' place, it turned out to be an infected spot/cist she gave me antibiotic cream and it was gone in days, but she mentioned the bath thing so thought i would pass on the knowlage!
I would go to the gp tomorrow if it still hurts but pop it to get some relif tonight.

Nbg Wed 17-Aug-05 20:31:09

If he really won't do it and you can't reach then I would go to your GP like Twig said.

boilonmybum Wed 17-Aug-05 20:31:28

but will the gp pop it?

Nbg Wed 17-Aug-05 20:32:08

and if it is a cyst it will only fill back up again so you really do need to see your gp.

Charlee Wed 17-Aug-05 20:32:19

the gp will empty it with a small razor like thing ds had one on his finger and they did that i was just thinking of tonight for some pain relif for you poor hun

sweetkitty Wed 17-Aug-05 20:33:18

think if it is a proper boil you will need a doctor to lance it

but sometimes spots have loads of redness around them and look worse than they are, if it were me I would stick my ass in front of DP and say squeeze it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now