Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DP has come over all funny on a roundabout at the park........

(24 Posts)
swiperfox Wed 17-Aug-05 17:19:41

dp was just pushing some kids round on the roundabout at the park. All of a sudden he felt very very sick, all the colour has drained from his face. That was almost an hour ago and he still feels sick. Any idea what it could be??

Blu Wed 17-Aug-05 17:22:54

Heat stroke? (hot but pale and not sweating?) dizzy? Co-incidental but unrelated onset of a bug / tummy upset?

LIZS Wed 17-Aug-05 17:23:29

blocked or fluid in ears ?

LIZS Wed 17-Aug-05 17:26:57

perhaps vertigo , info here

swiperfox Wed 17-Aug-05 17:28:15

He was sweating loads - it's roasting here today and he'd been doing the roundabout for a while.

I wondered about if he'd managed to upset his 'balance' ... can't think what the word is for what i mean! Doesn't really help does it lol

FairyMum Wed 17-Aug-05 17:29:06

Just dehydrated? Has he had enough to drink?

swiperfox Wed 17-Aug-05 17:30:01

yep we took a 2 litre bottle of water with us - he drinks water like its going to run out!

LIZS Wed 17-Aug-05 17:31:22

Know what you mean but can't put my fingers on the right word ! Begins with I ? Friend's dh had it for a few weeks.

swiperfox Wed 17-Aug-05 17:32:40

i'm thinking equilibrium (sp) is that even a word??? lol

FairyMum Wed 17-Aug-05 17:33:17

I'd go and get my blood pressure checked if he doesn't feel better soon.

edodgy Wed 17-Aug-05 17:34:12

If its hot and he'd been on for a while it could be motion sickness, my dp sometimes gets this and feels rough for a while after as well.

swiperfox Wed 17-Aug-05 17:38:26

Whats the motion sickness like? would that come on suddenly even though he's never had it before?

edodgy Wed 17-Aug-05 17:40:38

it may do with something like a roundabout ride as it send your balance off its basically travel sickness, my dp gets it if he plays certain computer games its kind of like that sick dizzy feeling you get when you're very pissed and lie on the bed and everything is spinny and sicky .

ssd Wed 17-Aug-05 17:41:28

sounds a bit like labrythinitis to me. I get this and it's so wierd, knocks you off your feet all of a sudden (or is that Morgan's spiced?)

Anyway go to the doctors.

swiperfox Wed 17-Aug-05 17:44:59

just said to him it could be motion sickness and the pissed sickness and he said thats what it was like, he said he nearly fell off the roundabout. Thing is he's always taking dd on it and it's never happened before.....

puff Wed 17-Aug-05 17:45:52

swiper - what's pissed sickness?

edodgy Wed 17-Aug-05 17:46:20

The hot weather probably did it too, i'd see if he feels ill tommorrow and if so go the drs and get bp etc checked but i reckon it was probably just the heat and spinning round that did it. Hope he feels better soon.

swiperfox Wed 17-Aug-05 17:50:43

puff i was meaning like edodgy said - feels like when you are too pissed and you lie on the bed and feel all spinning and sick!

Whats Labrynthitis??

He says its starting to pass a bit now but he still feels a wee bit sick.

spacecadet Wed 17-Aug-05 17:51:06

swiper, it might be worth him getting checked out by a gp, however, having had a balance disorder for a year now, its possible that the spinning round gave him a vertigo attack, which can take several hours to pass, as hes never had it before though, worth going to the gp. i have uncompensated labyrynthitis and find i cant turn round on the spot or watch anyone spinning, even scrolling the computer screen can send me craziliy dizzy!

spacecadet Wed 17-Aug-05 17:51:52

swiper- i had labyrynthitis last year.

puff Wed 17-Aug-05 17:54:02

Oh right, yes, know what you mean!

If it persists, it could well be labyrinthitis as others have said and he should see his gp. I had it for a few months when pg with ds2 - yukky.

swiperfox Wed 17-Aug-05 17:56:55

THanks ever so much guys - he reckons now its vertigo, lol, bless him, the kids are easier to diagnose and fix and he's 40!!!

spacecadet Wed 17-Aug-05 17:57:48

labyrinthitis

mummytosteven Fri 19-Aug-05 22:10:58

worth him go to GP just to check things out. I had something similar to this a few years ago - just walking along a path when suddenly the world tilted to one side, and I lost my balance - was just a one off fortunately, nothing like that ever happened since.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now