Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

How do you get referred to community mental health services?

(6 Posts)
spacedonkey Tue 16-Aug-05 15:54:51

Do you have to be referred through your GP or can you ring them up and ask for help yourself?

TwinSetAndPearls Tue 16-Aug-05 15:55:53

I think through you gp, but I could be wrong.

Nemo1977 Tue 16-Aug-05 15:57:04

You can do either.Referral through gp/ hv is usually better but you can contact them or crisis team if it is particularly urgent

spacedonkey Tue 16-Aug-05 16:10:30

Doh - I have found lots of info about this on my local NHS website! I always consider mumsnet to be the wisest source of advice though. Thanks twinset and nemo

cori Tue 16-Aug-05 16:40:33

I think you are meant tp go through your GP but every health authority is different. You could call them yourself ask.

cod Tue 16-Aug-05 16:40:52

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: