Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Post partum joint pain

(7 Posts)
merryberry Tue 16-Aug-05 11:38:59

Hi, has anyone else experienced similar? Since giving birth 5.5 weeks ago, I get massive attacks of joint pain, worse in extremities and does not effect pelvis or neck. Bad enough to send me to bed twice for a day as weight bearing was hard.

it seems to go away if i tidy up my diet and go hardcore healthy: fruit brown rice, fish, no bread, limited cheese etc.

its all abit weird, does nayone have any thoughts? many thanks, xfx

Frizbe Tue 16-Aug-05 11:42:48

Go and see an osteopath, I did after the birth of dd and he clicked me all back into place in 2 sessions! (must be a fairly good one, as didn't drag the process out!) Pain free since!

merryberry Tue 16-Aug-05 13:33:55

thanks i've seen one for my knees to keep me mobile...but my hands and elbows....argh! she was great, she was also cranial osteo so she had a look at my young one too. seems to have soothed his wind a little.

anyway, today is another good day for me, pain not too bad. I do wish i knew the cause.

merryberry Tue 16-Aug-05 13:34:19

eek and properly: thank you!

Verso Tue 16-Aug-05 15:17:32

I get this too and posted on the April postnatal group about it. One of the mums there pointed me to another thread here It seems we're not alone!

DelGirl Tue 16-Aug-05 15:19:59

hideous isn't it . Now spread to my elbows and hips. I'm sure my excess weight isn't helping though but it is really painful. You have my sympathy.

merryberry Wed 17-Aug-05 08:45:23

oh thank you for those threads. such a relief to know I'm not alone! and that with luck it should pass.

are you ladies doing anything for yourselves? i've been feeling a bit better on a cleaner diet, less dairy, less wheat. Loads of fresh fruit and veg. Lord I musta been in pain to cut pizza out of my life...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now